At Kelowna Secondary School our mission is to provide a safe and secure environment where there are diverse opportunities for students to pursue excellence, promote creative and critical thinking, become self-reliant, and develop positive self esteem. Everyone at Kelowna Secondary School will be treated with respect and dignity, given opportunities to succeed, and encouraged to develop a life-long love of learning. Kelowna Secondary School will advocate school, home, and community interaction.
At KSS we believe;
- we should foster a life-long love of learning.
- we should provide a safe environment.
- school, home and community interaction is essential.
- we should provide opportunities for our students to become responsible and accountable.
- we should provide opportunities for our students to succeed.we must provide opportunities for students to pursue excellence in a variety of academic, physical, social, technological and aesthetic skills through curricular and extra-curricular programs.
- that everyone at our school should be treated with respect and dignity.
- that our school is a place where everyone should work towards the development of positive self-esteem.
- we should foster creative and critical thinking.
- we should provide the opportunities to develop skills necessary to be self-reliant.