Each student at Kelowna Secondary will graduate with a Dogwood or Evergreen certificate and demonstrate a work ethic that enables them to achieve individual success as a 21st century learner
- To continuously support the development of positive relationships between all staff and students by establishing an environment that encourages approachability, caring, and effective communication (that attends to both academic and social-emotional needs)
- To develop authentic learning tasks that will engage all learners in each of our curricular areas
- To continue working with the redesigned curriculum as we prepare for its implementation for the 2018/19 school year.
- Continue the work with Curricular Department Leaders with a focus on improving instruction through co-planning, co-teaching and co-learning.
- Continue the work with our staff, students, and parents to embed the core competencies (reflection through e-portfolios) and the First Nations Principals and Careers into all subject lesson plans.
- Continue to support departmental goals with a focus on improved instructions through an inquiry lens
- To look for opportunities to support collaborative time
3. The staff will review with students and focus on work ethic using the KSS Work Ethic Rubric.
- To continue communicating the value and importance of work ethic to all stakeholders: Students, Staff and Parents.