Click Here for Link to:
This link will provide students with information regarding Job Shadows, Work/Volunteer Experiences Opportunities and other Career Mentorship Experience Opportunities.
SD 23 Career Life Programs promise:
Every student will graduate with the attributes, credentials and experiences to connect their career life plan with their individual talents and passions in pursuit of a balanced, meaningful and fulfilling life.
Dual Credit Programs Viewbook:
Job Shadow Booklet:
KELOWNA SECONDARY SCHOOL CAREER LIFE PROGRAMS STAFF (250) 870-5105 extension 3405
Suzie Laratta, Career Center Manager, Spotlights/Job Shadows/Program Shadows - email@example.com
- Debra West, Career Center Manager, Volunteer opportunities/WEX - firstname.lastname@example.org
In the Career Centre we are committed to helping students plan for their future by providing career counselling, career exploration activities, and work experience opportunities.
Get Involved in Career Experiences!
KSS sees the importance of Career Life, Mentorship and a variety of student experiences in all areas of education. Our district and school goals are to provide as many experiences as possible for our students, with particular emphasis on authentic career research. Current graduation requirements demand 30 hours of work/volunteer experience to be completed during grades 10, 11 and 12. Each of these Career Life Mentorship Experiences are considered authentic career research, which meets the district and ministry goals for graduating students.
Career Experiences you can be involved in include:
- Program Shadows - Dual Credit program opportunities for students. Come visit the Career Centre
- Job Shadows - opportunities to view a workplace
- Virtual Job Shadow/Career Spotlights - Career specific guest speakers either in person or virtual
- Indigenous Elder Experiences - See Mr. Sodaro
- Conference - Group of students attending specific events such as UBCO
If you are interested in signing up for a career research opportunity, please go to our Career Mentorship Experience Google Sign-up sheet at:
Career Mentorship Survey